We are proud to provide laser procedures for our patients. The use of laser promotes faster healing while also reducing swelling and pain. Laser also allows us to perform less invasive procedures, which helps get your pet back to normal as soon as possible.
These are a few of the many reasons why we feel a surgical laser is a "must have" for our surgical patients:
- Reduced Bleeding – The CO2 laser beam seals rather than cuts vessels as it makes the incision, thereby reducing bleeding by 90%;. This reduces the burden of surgery on the body and allows a fast recovery.
- Reduced Infection – The CO2 laser kills microorganisms as it cuts, resulting in fewer post-operative infections.
- Reduced Pain – The CO2 laser seals nerve endings as it incises and effectively reduces pain after surgery.
- Reduced Swelling – Physical contact with the skin does not occur with a surgical laser. The C02 beam penetrates the tissue from a distance. No part of the instrument ever contacts the surgical field. Because there is no contact, the bruising and tissue damage that occurs with a traditional scalpel is never encountered. Post-operative inflammation is virtually nonexistent.
- Extreme Surgical Precision – The CO2 laser emits a focused beam that is smaller than a pinpoint. This tiny pulse of energy allows our surgeons a level of accuracy that cannot be achieved with a traditional scalpel.
What procedures can be done with the Laser?
Most any!!! Spays, Neuters, Declaws, Tumor/Lump removals, Skin Tags, Ear Polyps, Eye surgery & much more!
Your pet will appreciate the reduction in post-operative discomfort after their laser procedure. Your pet will be able to resume their normal activities much quicker than with conventional surgical methods.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how laser procedures can enhance your pet’s care, please contact us today.